We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating world-wide. AirX is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world. AirX Charter is looking for an Accountant, based in Malta.
What will you do:
- Posting of journals for finance leases, assets additions and disposals, depreciation, movement on foreign exchange, accruals, prepayments and shareholder balances.
- Reconciliation of payroll reports and bank accounts.
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances and transactions.
- Liaising with a team of finance executives to ensure timely and accurate posting of invoices and accruals.
- Detailed review of major direct operating costs and allocation of costs based on the flight activity to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Communication with other departments within the Company in order to anticipate and verify costs.
- Ability to analyse and explain variances by comparing to budget and historical results.
- Assist in the annual audit of the Group.
- Assist in the generation of monthly reports, management accounts and other ad hoc reporting.
Who are we looking for:
- Is a qualified accountant or in the final stages of achieving ACCA qualification.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player, fast learner, responsible and committed individual.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is considered an asset.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Training and professional development.
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone's perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.